I know people still have a lot of questions about the rally. We’re working out the logistics right now, and will be updating this page with answers as soon as we can.
- Do you have a flyer with more information about the Sacramento rally on June 10? Yes I do, and it’s online here: http://drop.io/StopTheHIVCutsRally. The flyer is in pdf format and can be downloaded from that site.
- How much does it cost to ride the bus? Zip. Nada. Nothing. Thanks to the kind generosity of a number of sponsors, participants in the Sacramento rally ride free. We will take care of transportation to and from Sacramento, as well as a light lunch and refreshments. Just bring your passion and commitment.
- How long is the drive from L.A.? Approximately seven hours each way. Bring a book/iPod/good friend.
- Where in Los Angeles will the buses be departing from? To accommodate riders, buses will leave from several different locations throughout Los Angeles County (e.g., San Fernando Valley, Koreatown, etc.). No sites have been determined yet, but we’ll have more information as we get closer to the big day.
- What time do the buses leave/return to Los Angeles? In order to make it to Sacramento for a 1 p.m. rally, buses are expected to leave L.A. at 4 a.m. We expect to return to L.A. by midnight that same day.
- Will we meet with legislators in Sacramento? We are trying to schedule some time for legislative visits while you’re in Sacramento. These will most likely take place throughout the day.
- I work at _________. Do you think they’ll let me take the day off to attend the rally? If I were your boss, I’d say yes in a flash. Alas, I have no such power. Your best bet is to check in with your direct supervisor.
If you don’t see your question answered here, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll see if I can help you out.